Friday, December 16, 2011

DANGIT! I COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF!!

I am standing up here tonight to testify to you that out of all the zillions of new things I learned about in 2011(Mostly because of blogs), I can't believe I never heard of Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers until just a couple of months ago! I'm older than sin, have collected records for years, listened to every record in my college radio station library, haunted swamp meets, garage sales, and thrift stores for years, and still have 4000+ LPs, 45's & CD's to get rid of before I die, but I never heard of Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers! These guys come off sounding like the best combination of James and Bobby Purify, The Rumblers, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Sam & Dave, and Sly and the Family Stone, and every cover they do, they make it their own! Here is just a minutely small example of what these cats could pack into two minutes! I almost had an aneurysm just trying to pick out one song! Go find a CD!!

Here's "Said I Weren't Gonna Tell Nobody" by the best band anybody never heard of, CLIFF BENNETT & THE REBEL ROUSERS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment